Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

When Bad Photos Happen To Good Birds

It's been a terribly long time since I've made a blog entry......much has happened and many birds have been seen by me and my Birding Associate but photos of the birds in question weren't often captured and, frankly, I got lazy. I don't know how much I'll be blogging in the future but I really want to get back into a groove. It'll help when I finally get the external hard drive set up and ready to hold the photo library. Currently my machine cannot hold everything I want to load onto it so I must expand.

Anyways......I was scrolling through photos and I thought I'd share some not so great ones with you at least to show you that I really was out there birding! If you know the identities of my subjects please take a guess in the comments section. I won't enable comment moderation so make your guesses before clicking to the comment page and use Scout's Honor. Hee hee!









3 comments:

John said...

Great post. Not only is it good ID practice, but it makes me feel better about my own lousy photos ;)
My guesses, from top to bottom: Fox Sparrow, American Kestrel, Cedar Waxwing (juv.), Red-breasted Sapsucker, Violet-green Swallow, Peregrine Falcon, Blue-winged Teal, Black-headed Grosbeak, and another American Kestrel.

Jen Sanford said...

Hi, I have enjoyed going through your blog a ton! I will definitely be picking up a copy of the book you recommended. Thank you so so much for all your help with ID-ing my birds.. I hope it gets easier for me!
Jen

Laura W. said...

Well, John, you are correct except for the Peregrine which is a Cliff Swallow (I know...no perspective on that bird) and the first Kestrel which is a Merlin. Good job! You're a bonafide expert now!